The HR world is buzzing with excitement as the annual Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) conference quickly approaches (June 12-15). We here at FloCareer are just as excited as everyone else about the event. In fact, we hope to see you at our booth, #4843. To help navigate such a big show, we have put together a list of New Orleans activities highlighting the official SHRM events, as well as a selection of restaurants, attractions and stores to visit. As if you needed any help, right?
New Orleans, is everyone's favorite party town. And it doesn't disappoint by offering guests a plethora of things to do from restaurants to bars to shopping. Below you'll find a brief description of many things to do during your visit. Make sure to follow #SHRM22 for all of the event goings on. Did we miss anything? Please Let Me Know.
Photo by Llambrano on Pixabay
Official SHRM Events
- Opening General Session, Sunday at 4:00 PM
- Ariana Huffington Keynote, Tuesday
- Brad Paisley Concert, Tuesday Evening
- President George W. Bush Keynote, Wednesday
- Join the unofficial list of #SHRM22 parties curated by Jess Miller-Merrill
- From the SHRM blog, 3 Tips for First Time Attendees
- From HR Bartender, 12 Tips for SHRM Annual Attendees
- Getting Around - Shuttle schedule from Convention Center to Hotels.
- Check out the Unofficial SHRM Annual Conference Networking & Events Group (Membership Required) on Facebook for all of the goings on.
What to Visit
- Take a Garden District tour.
- Ride the St. Charles streetcar.
- The Audubon Aquarium
- For the gamblers, Harrahs New Orleans Casino
- And of course, you can hit the spots of Bourbon Street.
Where to Eat
- Beignets at Cafe du Monde
- Muffaletta at Central Grocery
- Oysters at Acme Oyster House
- Gumbo at Dooky Chase
- Red Beans and Rice from Mother's
Music to See
- Hit the clubs on Frenchman Street, a tamer street than Bourbon, where all the locals go for hot music.
- Great bands at the Iconic Carousel Bar at the Monteleone
- See a band at the Maple Leaf Bar.
- Live from the Balcony at the New Orleans Jazz Museum, Tuesday at 5:00
- Enjoy traditional New Orleans jazz at Preservation Hall.
- Catch a show at Tipitinas
Who to Meet
Warren Sukernek, that's me, VP of Marketing at FloCareer.
Brett Farmiloe, Founder & CEO of Terkel and a SHRM Influencer.
HR Bartender Sharlyn Lauby will catalog all of the sponsor parties and events.
HR Rockstar Jenni Stone
Premier HR Tech Consultant Baskaran Ambalavanan
TA Expert Tim Sackett who is speaking on Your ATS In Not Enough! Recruiting Tech and Strategies to Attract More Talent on Tuesday at 3:30